Kiwi Ricotta Cheese Pie
150 g butter
70 g icing sugar
260 g plain flour
1 tbsp milk powder
- Beat butter with icing sugar till white. Add in egg.
- When well blended, add in plain flour and milk powder to form a dough
- Chill dough for 15 min. Then roll out to fit a 10” pie dish or two 6” pie dishes
- Prick holes and freeze for 5 min
- Cover with greased proof paper and blind bake (use some beans) for 10 min at 180 degrees
- Remove paper and bake at 180 degrees for a further 8-10 min
Cheese Filling (makes one 10”or two 6” pies with remainder)
75 g ground almond
120 g sugar
800 g ricotta cheese
200 ml whipping cream
1 egg & 3 egg yolks
1 tbsp plain flour
pinch of salt
2 tbsp rum
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp lemon juice
grated rind of 1 lemon
5 kiwi fruits
- Mix ground almond with 1 tbsp of sugar
- Beat cheese till creamy.
- Add cream, egg, yolks, remaining sugar, flour, salt, rum, honey, lemon juice and grated lemon rind
- Combine and stir in the ground almonds until well mixed.
- Pour into pre-baked pastry case and bake for 45min -1 hour (10” pie) or 30 min for (6” pie)
- Cool and then chill in fridge for at least ½ hour.
- Arrange kiwi halves in rows across the top of the tart or in concentric formation.
- Brush with warm apricot gel for shine.
5 days ago | Tags: Kiwi Ricotta Cheese Pie Pies