Kiwi Ricotta Cheese Pie
150 g butter
70 g icing sugar
260 g plain flour
1 tbsp milk powder
- Beat butter with icing sugar till white. Add in egg.
- When well blended, add in plain flour and milk powder to form a dough
- Chill dough for 15 min. Then roll out to fit a 10” pie dish or two 6” pie dishes
- Prick holes and freeze for 5 min
- Cover with greased proof paper and blind bake (use some beans) for 10 min at 180 degrees
- Remove paper and bake at 180 degrees for a further 8-10 min
Cheese Filling (makes one 10”or two 6” pies with remainder)
75 g ground almond
120 g sugar
800 g ricotta cheese
200 ml whipping cream
1 egg & 3 egg yolks
1 tbsp plain flour
pinch of salt
2 tbsp rum
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp lemon juice
grated rind of 1 lemon
5 kiwi fruits
- Mix ground almond with 1 tbsp of sugar
- Beat cheese till creamy.
- Add cream, egg, yolks, remaining sugar, flour, salt, rum, honey, lemon juice and grated lemon rind
- Combine and stir in the ground almonds until well mixed.
- Pour into pre-baked pastry case and bake for 45min -1 hour (10” pie) or 30 min for (6” pie)
- Cool and then chill in fridge for at least ½ hour.
- Arrange kiwi halves in rows across the top of the tart or in concentric formation.
- Brush with warm apricot gel for shine.
16 hours ago | Tags: Kiwi Ricotta Cheese Pie Pies
Hot Cross Buns
"One a penny, two a penny, hot cross buns…" That was what I used to sing in nursery school. Now, I bake them for Easter.
1 day ago | Tags: Breads n Buns Hot Cross Buns
FHA2014 - Apr 8-11 2014
The 19th international food and hotel Asia opened with a bang at the Singapore Expo last Tuesday, 8 April. The biennial trade event which lasted for 4 days till 11 April caters to Asia’s food and beverage, hospitality and wines & spirits industries. As usual, there are exhibitions, seminars, workshops, culinary challenges and a conference with participants from over 70 countries.
This year and for the first time there was a bakery theatre and a chocolate activity area where the latest techniques in artisan bakery and chocolate making from renowned bakery and pastry chefs, chocolatiers and confectioners were shown.
5 days ago | Tags: FHA2014 Singapore
2 oz. Tiramisu flavored gelato
1 1/2 oz. Vodka
1/2 oz. Coffee liqueur
2 oz. Half & half or cream
Sprinkling of cocoa powder for garnish
Add the gelato, vodka, coffee liqueur and half & half to a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake well. Pour into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a dusting of cocoa powder.
Reblogged from dolce-latte 1 week ago |